|Home||» Products||» Sensors||» Hall Effect Sensors|
Hall Effect Sensors
A revolution in sensing
Inductive sensing is a contactless, magnet-free sensing technology that can precisely measure the position, motion, or composition of a metal or conductive target as well as detect the compression, extension, or twist of a spring.
Wire-wound coils, PCB coils or springs can be used as inductive sensors to deliver better performance, better reliability, and greater flexibility than existing sensing solutions – at lower overall system cost and power.
Key advantages of LDC technology
- Higher resolution: Sub-micron resolution in position-sensing applications with up to 28-bits of resolution
- Better reliability: Offers contactless sensing that is immune to nonconductive contaminants such as oil, water, dirt and dust
- Greater flexibility: Allows the sensor to be located remotely from the IC – great for use in harsh environments
- Lower system cost: Uses low-cost sensors and targets – no magnets required
- Limitless possibilities: Multi-channel sensing capability supports pressed foil or conductive ink targets, offering endless opportunities for creative and innovative system design
Inductive Sensing videos
4-channel, 28-bit Inductance-to-Digital Converter with I2C for Inductive Sensing
- Order the EVM
- Download the software
- Download datasheet
- Get free samples
Inductive Sensing Design support
Ask questions, share knowledge, solve problems with fellow engineers.